* Do you bring business acumen and understanding of people to reach long term strategic business goals? * Do you get excited about talent development? * Are you passionate about creating purpose and positivity for others? * Are you known as a trusted confidante and insightful advisor to the business?
The Director, Human Resources - North America is a newly created role based in our Lexington, MA office and will be an essential business partner to the SVP, North America Sales and their leadership team. This role will also have responsibility for aspects of leadership development, team effectiveness and overall employee engagement of the North America region. This role reports to the VP HR, Global HRBP for Go-To-Market (GTM) and is responsible for managing the HR Manager supporting North America GTM and HR Generalist who supports North America HR Operations.
This role is the HR Leader responsible for the North America Region. This a great opportunity for a dynamic individual who loves to work in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment and wants to be a part of a top-notch HR team.
* Partner with the SVP, North America Sales to explore the business vision and lead the strategic imperatives to create the organization design and talent strategies to achieve short and long-term objectives * Be a strong confidante and candid coach to the SVP, North America Sales and their leadership team - proactively offering advice, counsel and thought partnership * Develop and implement the Region's human resources business plan * Leverage employee engagement survey results to help build a strong culture in North America * Foster an environment that leverages diversity and builds in best practices for collaboration
Team Leadership and Leadership Coaching:
* Partner with leadership team and facilitate team building to ensure strong working relationships * Manage the HR team through effective use of coaching and holding employees accountable for their own performance * Continuously evaluate and strive to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team * Provide team members opportunities for professional and personal growth
* Develop organizational goals around hiring and selection to meet needs and fill gaps * Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans/programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for all levels * Develop planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling the gaps * Ensure role alignment with business strategy to achieve organizational goals * Implement learning programs that include activities and tasks that support the organization's culture and initiatives
Regional HR Lead:
* Build relationships with HR Centers of Excellence (COE) and US based HR Business Partners * Facilitate and program manage roll-out of COE programs to North America region - including employee engagement survey and action planning, performance management, compensation planning, rewards and recognition programs etc. * Partner with Employee Experience to lead regional communications
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent; Master's Degree preferred * Minimum of 15 years Human Resources experience; minimum of 7 years-experience as a strategic HR Business Partner * Previous experience in a growth business * Optional/Preferred: Experience and/or understanding of the Technology industry * Travel: up to 15% * Strategic Thinking and ability to anticipate long term needs * Business Acumen * Business Partnering/Relationship Building * Quickly builds trust & credibility with individuals and teams * Listens well and empathizes with others * Ability to deal with conflict and have difficult conversations * Ability to communicate with conviction, clearly and effectively * Project Management skills * Multitask and easily prioritizes * Attention to detail * Ability to manage confidential information and act with integrity and discretion
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.