Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Senior Manager Commercial Data in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R & D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Senior Manager Commercial Data working on the Commercial Operations team, you will be empowered to be a strategic partner to Takeda's US Business for Commercial Data related areas, such as Data Purchasing, Negotiations and Contracting, Data Quality Assessments and compliant use of Commercial Data. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda's mission by being knowledgeable in healthcare and pharmaceutical data as well as aware of Pharmaceutical business needs and will also be expected to strategically plan for future Commercial Data needs as the healthcare market evolves. A typical day will include:
Have multiple Commercial Data Management roles reporting to it, who will support the Senior Manager Commercial Data to operationalize the US Commercial Data Strategy. These roles will be based in US Lexington.
This person will also be responsible for working closely with IT functions to ensure the appropriate management of available Commercial data.
This role will be seen as the expert on commercial data sources within the US Region, leveraging current experience and through working with suppliers to ensure robust knowledge of the available data sources, their strengths and weaknesses.
Customers will include a variety of functions utilizing Commercial Data such as Market Access, Business Development, etc. Due to the high number of incoming requests, the ability to plan and organize as well as to prioritize will be skills that are frequently employed.
This role will also be responsible for ensuring awareness and wide understanding of how to use available Commercial data sources. Creating awareness of strengths and weaknesses of Commercial Data Sources depending on Therapeutic Area will be a key strategic area of focus.
This person will report into the Associate Director Commercial Data based in Switzerland. This person will be expected to collaborate closely with the Non-US counterpart as well as Legal and Procurement.
This position will be responsible for managing relationships and work with key US Commercial Data vendors. As part of this, the person must ensure compliance to contracts and data privacy, as relevant.
% of Time Job Function and Description
50% Lead Key Commercial Data Projects/Negotiations
- Negotiation Lead for US Commercial Data Contracts. Close collaboration with Procurement and Legal aiming to ensure only high-quality data gets purchased for the best price on the market and no duplicative purchasing is taking place.
- Defines processes to ensure compliant use of Commercial Data in the US and works on implementation of related business rules with IT partners. Such as internal and external Commercial data sharing rules and regulations (Third Party Agreements, Data Sharing Agreements etc.)
- Partners with Senior Manager Data Systems and IT to ensure Commercial Data can be easily accessed in the best fitting systems.
- Manages US Vendor Relationship with key Supplier such as IQVIA, Symphony and DRG. Leads regular cadences (weekly calls, quarterly service review meetings) and prioritizes asks to the vendors. Leads escalations such as serious data quality concerns.
- Works closely with MDM, CRM and Specialty Pharmacy Data peers on Commercial Operations projects such as Product Launches and Product Divestitures representing all needed activities from a Data acquisition perspective.
30% Team Lead activities
- Leads a US team (4 FTEs based in the US) Delegates tasks, activities and projects in line with US Commercial Operations and Business priorities. Mentors team members to support individual career development
- Supports key internal projects to optimize Team resource allocation (such as Ticketing system and the Data purchasing tool optimization and automatization)
20% Support High Priority Business Requests
- Consults US Business units on critical Commercial Data questions being the US Syndicated Commercial Data expert across all Business Units. Supports the business with advice on which data to use for their questions and how it should best be analyzed.
- Supports the Business Units defining requirements of Commercial Data Purchases (help understand the must haves vs. the nice to haves as well as available offerings on the markets)
Education and Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry with expert knowledge of secondary data sources and suppliers across the US market
- In depth knowledge of the US pharmaceutical market and the differences between markets that influence customer interactions
- 2-3 years Team Lead experience
- Ability to rapidly build relationships with the internal stakeholders to understand and meet secondary data needs
- 2-3 years contracting and/or Procurement Experience
- Strong communication skills to prepare clear insights and recommendations to be shared with customers at different levels in the business
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence/motivate stakeholders and drive toward consensus.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to establish logical flow and story and skilled in choosing best graphic representation for points to be made. Experienced presenting to senior management, with strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel and PowerPoint
- In depth understanding of senior sales and marketing managerial expectations and requirements in Pharma industry
- Strong experience of working with multiple vendors, including IQVIA
- Strong skills in data analysis and in the technical packages (Dataview, Excel), including advanced excel functions to ensure quick and effective data analysis
- Exceptionally strong communication skills both written and verbal across and up and down the organization as well as the ability to develop and deliver effective management presentations. Show a high degree of energy, passion and strong focus on quality.
- Ability to work in ambiguous or new situations by demonstrating a structured approach to diagnosing the problem, analyzing alternatives, recommending and implementing best solutions.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
The role will require the business acumen and industry experience to develop insights and recommendations, perform effective project management and develop meaningful partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
Willingness to be flexible and operate as part of a high performing team to deliver on the team's priorities.
Experience dealing with various interrelated, interdependent systems. Experience leveraging systems for process enablement and to provide compliance solutions.
Builds a Collaborative Culture
- Builds and models a culture of questioning and constructive challenge to foster openness and candid dialogue
- Listens to and carefully considers others' perspectives, especially to manage and resolve conflict
- Acts with an understanding and sensitivity to others locally and globally, internally and externally
- Encourages accountability and responsibility that enables others to act with integrity
Operates with Strategic Agility
- Understands and follows a compelling vision for the future
- Develops and implements strategic plans
- Recognizes opportunities and challenges and modifies strategy accordingly
- Moves easily between addressing current needs and planning for the future with informed insight
- Considers marketplace and economic forces and trends in making sound business decisions
- Decides and acts, even when faced with uncertainty
- Quickly focuses on the critical issues while prioritizing current work
Demonstrates Organizational Capability
- Passionate to growth and develop
- Understands internal systems and processes that align with organizational priorities
- Key member of effective teams in a global matrix organization
- Considers business and development needs both locally, regionally and globally
Open to and recommends Innovation
- Understands breakthrough solutions, and quickly adopts them
- Draws on unexpected or seemingly unrelated ways of thinking
- Operates from a framework of possibility
Complexity and Problem Solving
Very complex decisions involving multiple constituencies. Decisions are multi-faceted and involve multiple interdependencies.
Internal and External Contacts
Highly collaborative and influential role interacting with senior management and stakeholders from the BU's and US Regional Leaders, Sales Heads, Global Commercial Operations peers etc.
Other Job Requirements
5% US travel as required. Duties will sometimes call for early or late meetings.
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda's Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.
EEO is the Law - *****************************************************************
EEO is the Law - Supplement - ************************************************************************************************
Shire, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Takeda, is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call ************ and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.